Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lincoln's Birthday Party - 4 Years Old!

Yesterday was Lincoln's Birthday Party, and it was a load of fun. As always, Jenn was a master of the cake of all the logistics of the party. Grandpa Larry, Grandma Marty & Aunt Kas came from Columbus. Great Grandma & Great Grandpa came over on Friday afternoon to occupy the kids while Jenn worked on the party. The Hertle Family came and Lincoln loved playing with Lauren & Logan. (On Sunday morning, he said to me, "I want to play with Lauren & Logan again.")

I'll let the photos below speak for the rest of the party. Many of them show how Jenn built the cake, and the rest of them show the kids having fun. Enjoy!















As I'm writing this, I'm thinking about the fact that in 1 week Jenn and I will be in the air on our way to San Francisco, the first leg of a long "day" of travel and the culmination of an 11 month process to add Henry to our family. It's hard to describe the feelings and emotions that we're going through now. It's very different form a pregnancy situation. And the idea that there will soon be a third child in the house is hard to put into words. Jenn and I are greatly anticipating meeting Henry for the first time, though, and it's going to be a really cool adventure.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow, Jenn!! That cake is amazing. . . I think my face looked like Lincoln's face in the picture when I first saw the picture of the cake. =)
Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Wish we could have been there. Can't wait to see you all soon.
Love you guys,