Monday, August 10, 2009

From The Hopwoods:

I received this yesterday and the operation is today:
Some of you may have heard Jeremy or I mention our nephew Skylar, some of you may not know of him, but please be praying for him tomorrow. He is having a serious back surgery tomorrow morning. He is a 14 year old functioning quadriplegic. It will be a long and difficult surgery for him. He is understandably very nervous.

In addition we have some family members (including Skylar's parents) who already struggle with God because of Skylar's condition. So be praying for them to find a new understanding of God's love, peace, and provision.
I appreciate your prayers.
Emily

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thank you to anyone who is praying for Skylar. I have heard that his surgery took less time than was anticipated. He seems to be doing pretty well, and I think the Dr's are surprised at his progress. He is in intensive care. I don't know much more than that at this point.
Thank you Ryan for posting this.