Thursday, March 19, 2009

Solo at home...

I miss my wife.

Jenn and Lincoln arrived in Phoenix yesterday safely, and I understand Lincoln was an all-star traveller. He didn't nap much with the transition yesterday, but when I spoke with Jenn today, she said Lincoln was doing well. He's apparently very interested in the pool. When Grandma Laura takes him for a walk in the back yard he points at the pool and waves his arms. He'll get a lot of swimming in this week.

Meanwhile, I'm by myself at home. It's not all wings, orange pop and lounging in boxers. No, I was charged with finishing the soffet (I'm not sure how to spell this, but it sounds right) in the kitchen. It's only been 2+ years, but I can't put it off any longer. So there's lots of drywall and joint compound dust flying around. This is the week to do it because I'm not sure Jenn could go without her kitchen for a week. The joint compound and sanding is moving along faster than I thought it would, and I seem to be on pace to get painting this weekend.










Emily is coming to town this week. We're going for a birthday dinner on Saturday, and then she's staying through Thursday so she can spend a day with Lincoln.

Right now I'm blogging while watching the Zips play the Zags. I just like to say that. Akron's keeping it close in the first half.

No comments: