Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Hike of 2011

Today was the first actual spring-like day in northeast Ohio and we didn't waste any time getting out on the trails!
Lydia isn't getting any less cute.
Funny story about Lincoln last night. I mentioned in the last post that he and Lydia have been a bit sick. Last night he came into our room and asked to sleep in our bed. This is a slippery slope that neither Jenn nor I were interested in starting. So we said, "Lincoln, your bed is for you to sleep in. Would you like for daddy to get a drink for you."

"Yes," he said. So I went to his room with him carrying a glass of water and Vick's Vapo Rub.

Then I said to him, "Lincoln, I'm going to rub some of this medicine on your chest and it will help you to feel better."

Without missing a beat, and with his tired, middle-of-the-night voice, he said, "I understand." Too cute.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Very cute. Does Lydia have her own chair now too?
she's getting so animated.
Hope you all are doing well.
Love you,
Em