Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Big Snow

We have been blasted with snow this mid-week. Good day to go get a snow blower! And because Lincoln received a snow shovel for Christmas, we can put him to work!
Gretel and I braved the white-out, blizzard snow and the treacherous road conditions and drove past three closed areas of the national park to find an area that was open.
The plow had been at this particular location an hour earlier according the the policeman I spoke with and there was already another 4+ inches in the parking lot. The snow in the meadow was mid-calf on me and quite deep for Gretel.
At the front end of this week we finally put Lydia on a flexible routine and moved up her bedtime. She had been waking up angry and hungry between 4:30 and 5:30am and that just wasn't compatible with Jenn's sleeping schedule. We're three days into the change and things seem to be going quite well!
I was able to track down my camera and catch this photo of the dogs before they moved. I can't explain why they're sitting like this, but it made me and Jenn laugh.

2 comments:

Mary Zolene said...

With cheeks like that to maintain I would wake up angry and hungry also!!! She is so adorable!

Emily said...

Brrr! Looks cold!