Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Funny Joke

I wish I had written this because it's darn funny. Somebody forwarded it to my mom, you America lovers will like this:
Abu al-Zarqawi died and George Washington met him at the Pearly Gates. He slapped him across the face and yelled, "How dare you try to destroy the nation I helped conceive!"

Patrick Henry approached, punched him in the nose and shouted, "You wanted to end our liberties but you failed!"

James Madison followed, kicked him in the groin and said, "This is why I allowed our government to provide for the common defense!"

Thomas Jefferson was next, beat al-Zarqawi with a long cane and snarled "It was Evil men like you who inspired me to write the Declaration of Independence."

The beatings and thrashings continued as George Mason, James Monroe and 66 other early Americans unleashed their anger on the terrorist Leader.

As al-Zarqawi lay bleeding and in pain, an Angel appeared. Al- Zarqawi wept and said, "This is not what you promised me."

The Angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you in Heaven. What did you think I said?"

Tomorrow's a big day. We're leaving for the airport at 5:30am to head out to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and spend a week in

Lincoln In Flight
Scottsdale with Grandma Laura, Grandpa Dave and Auntie Haley. Thursday's forecast suggests that it will be warmer in northeast Ohio than in Phoenix... we just can't catch a break! But it's supposed to be very nice otherwise, though Jenn's definition of "very nice" and my definition of "very nice" differ slightly. It will be warm enough to get out to the pool. I'm looking forward to visiting a spring training facility or two, and we'll certainly make it to the Phoenix Zoo.

We've got a direct flight, so we'll see how that goes. Lincoln has had some flying adventures, or better stated, we've had some flying adventures with Lincoln over the years. Our prayer is that God will decide that we don't need a lesson in patience and that He'll grant us a peaceful trip.

So our Easter weekend will be spent in Arizona. Wherever you spend your Easter, take some moments to reflect on the event, that Jesus not only died for our sins, but that He also gave us victory over death.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hope everything goes smoothly with your travels and your time in Arizona.