Saturday, April 18, 2009

Warm Daddy Day


These Daddy Days are starting to get nicer outside, and as a result, Lincoln and I can get outdoors more. It was nothing short of bright and sunny! Today we went to Hudson Springs park for a little walk, and I took the camera with the remote control that Larry & Marti gave me for Christmas. I don't have too many pictures of me and Lincoln together (his mother is much more photogenic!). So I decided to put the remote to good use and packed up Lincoln, his diaper bag, my camera bag and the tripod (also a gift from Larry & Marti) and we took off!

There's a path at Hudson Springs and that made taking the stroller easy. Also, because there's a nice path, there are lots of dogs, and we all know how much Lincoln enjoys looking at dogs. Interestingly, he likes to watch birds as much as he does dogs, and there were a bunch of ducks and geese there today, too. It was tough to get the lighting just right with the photos given all that there was to juggle, but he and I got some good pics. Lincoln was Mr. Pleasant along the walk, as well. He's really into pointing at things now, and when we'd pass folks on the path, he'd point at them. Well, they thought he was waving, and all of the walkers gave him a great response.


After our time at the park, just as he was starting to get fussy, we went to the bakery (the same place I went last week) and he and I split a cinnamon roll. So between that and his puffs, he had a nice morning breakfast.

He's upstairs napping now. If he only naps for 40 minutes or less, then I can tell Jenn about it. But if he naps for more than an hour (or 2?), I won't be able to report that to Jenn without her banging her head on a wall. He's just not napping for her when she's home.

Everyone in the Gates family knows how Grandma Gates (with her background in dietetics) pays close attention to how her grandkids and great-grandkids eat. She wants to make sure they're healthy boys and girls. She told me yesterday that she's amazed at how well Lincoln eats. That's high praise for our little boy! The latest thing that he can put away in record time is cottage cheese. That doesn't last long in the bowl at all.

We're all looking forward to the NBA Playoffs and seeing the Cavs go for the championship. As Cleveland fans, that's all we've got right now. Since my post about the Indians and Eric Wedge's losing starts, the Indians have done little more than spin their wheels. Great. And now the hottest news from the Browns is that they're looking to trade Braylon Edwards. Boy, I'm glad we wasted the #3 pick on him. GO CAVS!!!

Time is flying by... I'm headed to Santa Monica, CA, this week for my Pfizer meeting. And every day that passes by is one day closer to our vacation in the Outer Banks. We're looking forward to that trip in a BIG way. But the biggest thing going on that shows us that time is passing quickly is that Lincoln is almost 1 year old! It's hard to believe that his due date was a year ago tomorrow, and that he wanted to stay in Jenn's belly for nearly another two weeks. Holy cow, how things have changed.

No comments: