Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cory's films

I've got a couple of videos for you today. Some of you know my buddy Cory Sheldon. He and I go way back. If you were at our wedding, you saw Cory, as he was one of my groomsmen (and his dad, Rod, officiated our wedding). He's got loads of talent when it comes to visual communications, movies, and computer animation. The first one here is a project that he and a couple of guys took on for the Akron Film Festival. They entered the 48-hour Challenge, drawing and accepting the following criteria:
  • The film must be entered within 48 hours of receiving the subject
  • Subject: Action
  • Film must include a ping pong ball & a Hot Pocket
  • Film must include the line, "I found it in the Erie Canal."
  • No more than $200 could be spent on the particular project
This was the result (plus, you'll notice a particularly powerful debut performance by an actor portraying a young doctor):


The next piece here is a trailer that Cory just finished for a film that's been in the works for a while. I'm not sure when the release date is, but whenever it is, I'll be there.
.

No comments: