Saturday, January 31, 2009

Catch-Up for Mommy, Play-Time for Lincoln

Lincoln has been an all-star this week. He's just now starting to show interest in pulling himself up (only a little bit, though) and he "scooted" a bit while he was on his belly, and for those who know Lincoln, you know that this is a big step. On Thursday, in fact, he went down for a nap at 5:55 and we had to wake him up at 7:30 because he'd worn himself out pulling and scooting. Napping this long in the early evening is unheard of for our little man!

After I got home from work today I started a 1/2 Daddy Day. Jenn's best friend from early school through high school found her on facebook and they set up a time to get together. So they're having catch up time (11+ years!) while Lincoln and I play and laugh. He's getting funny with his sounds, and his laugh is really funny.

This evening I'm making my first visit to Prelude, a "coffee house/lounge" at Church in the Falls that was the brainchild of Cory Sheldon, an old friend of mine. If you were at our wedding, you may remember him as one of my groomsmen. Cory's a great guy and, I don't say this lightly, is the funniest person that I know. Not the type of funny you can teach, it's just something that he's got. So anyway, he had an idea for a coffee house with live music with a Christian bent, and Prelude was the product. I've been meaning to check it out for some time, now, and tonight is the night. I'm going with a friend, and Jenn refers to it as my "man date."

Lincoln
Cute baby #1.

Lincoln Play

Lincoln Smile #2
Lincoln always smiles for Sunny, the puppet that he received for Christmas.

Lincoln Smile #3
This is Lincoln's non-stressed poop face. If he were stressed, his eyes would be watering and his face would be red.

Lincoln Smile #1

No comments: