Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday is Daddy-day

Jenn's at work today and I'm at home with Lincoln. He's been growing up so fast that the last time I was home with him on a Saturday morning, which was only a few short weeks ago, he wasn't nearly as playful as he is now.
lincoln_exersaucer_1
During his first awake and nap cycle I put his Exersaucer together and set him in it during his second awake time. You could see it on his face... it was sensory overload. There is so much color, so many shapes, so many do-dads, that I'm not sure he knew what to make of it. After a couple of minutes, after focusing on two or three of the features, he began to enjoy it.

If you've been wondering how I've been handling the Buckeye's loss, I'd have to say that it's hard to say.  I've actually given serious thought to what my buddies from SEC country have been saying for a while:  maybe Ohio State isn't that good.  But then how do you explain the big number of Buckeyes in the NFL... Ohio State has talent, they've had it for years, and they'll have it for years to come.  Here's the question:  what's the common thread running through the past three Ohio State disappointments on national television (Florida, LSU & USC?)?  Jim Tressel.  I know it sounds like heresy, but maybe Tressel doesn't have what it takes to game-plan for the big one.  I'm willing to give it until 2010.  At that time, OSU will have the best athlete in college football in Terrell Pryor.
lincoln_hand
 If we're not steamrolling the competition, much like Vince Young and Texas did a few years ago, then I may have to officially get off of the Jim Tressel bus.

That was one major tangent.  Back to the Gates household.

Sleeping has been another story recently.  As I'm writing this, he's stirring up in his crib after sleeping for 30 minutes.  For those who don't know Lincoln's sleeping schedule and pattern, he often sleeps at least 45 minutes.  When he sleeps longer than 45 minutes, it's not unusual for him to stir at the 45 minute mark and then go back to sleep.  That hasn't been happening for the past couple of days.  So we'll see if he puts himself back to sleep (ha! ha! ha!... ha! ha!... that's a good one!  ha! ha! hmmmmmmm....).

I've given it 25 minutes... and Lincoln is still protesting.  It's going to be a fun rest of the day!

IMG_7242

No comments: