Sunday, September 7, 2008

Post shower rest

Yesterday was Elise's shower that Jenn had been planning for months (years). While I don't have pictures right now for you (they'll follow later), I can say that the event was absolutely wonderful. Jenn did a FANTASTIC job putting together a delicious menu, coordinating all of the food to be ready at the right time, and really making a beautiful memory for Elise. It was misting and raining at 9:00am with the start time being 10:30am. Most of the deck was covered, but enough of it wasn't to keep us from setting up the tables. Then I said to Chris Craft (Elise's dad), "Boy, Chris, we should have got an extra tent when we were at WalMart." He said, "Wait a minute, I have another tent." So we laughed, set up the tent, hung an awning that he had forgotten about, and then set the tables for the event. It turned out very pleasant and comfortable. The guests had a great time, lots of nice things were said about and to Elise, and I think everyone left having had a great time together. Meanwhile, back at home, Lincoln was good little boy for his Grandma Paulette, and was very pleasant on Saturday evening.

Today's Sunday and Lincoln has been perfect. He's sleeping well, he enjoyed his trip to Target, and I found a ticklish spot (it doesn't work when he's tired) that produces a very funny giggle.

It's official. With our anniversary last weekend, Jenn and I have been married more than 5 years now. I don't know that I can say we're having MORE fun than we've ever had, but we're certainly having DIFFERENT fun. We even got the same anniversary card for each other... now how's that for soulmates?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pics of the shower! I'm glad it went so well. I am sure that it was beautiful.
love you guys, Emily