Saturday, April 19, 2008

Beautiful weekend

The weekend is here, and we finally have beautiful weather in northeast Ohio.  I hear it's supposed to rain a little later today, but that's okay, the plants can use it.

Jenn's mother arrived on Wednesday afternoon, and the ladies have been working at a good pace to get the house cleaner than I thought it could get, and they've made a couple of great things in the kitchen, including a fruity, coconutty muffin that could be described as dessert-like.  They also finished up the shopping that needed to be done before Lincoln's arrival (no, not yet!).  So things are in order.

So while Laura's with us, Dave and Haley are holding the fort down in Phoenix.  I've even heard that Haley has already planned some recipes.  We're eagerly anticipating pictures!!!

We certainly thought we'd be busy with other things this weekend, but if not, we'll find other things to do.  I'm looking forward to seeing Ben Stein's new movie, Expelled.



Of course, I haven't seen it yet, but I ran across this review today from the Boston Globe that I thought was hilarious.  They argue that too much screen time was given to intelligent-design proponents and not enough time to secularists and humanists (my words, not theirs).  Funny how the God-deniers don't provide equal time in the trillions of student-hours in the classroom (science classrooms in America X hours of science teaching per day X years that Darwinism/Secularism has been exclusively taught = incalculable numbers of hours), but they do want equal time in a 2 hour movie that they've already decided is bunk anyway.

So you can see that I'll be entering the theater with a bias, but who won't?

No comments: