Saturday, May 21, 2011

Green Hike

Lydia decided to sleep in today. That this occurred on a day that Jenn and I did not have to go to work is nothing short of a gift from God.

Jenn and Lydia went hiking with Diane, a friend from Community Group, this morning, so I took Lincoln and Gretel and we went on a hike, too. It's definitely getting greener with the non-stop rain we've had for the last month-plus. This first set of photos is of the "Mossy Log." It's a very distinctive log that we pass on our favorite place to hike, and we noticed last year how things around this log really change as the seasons change. It's like a microcosm of the whole park. The first photo was taken on April 10, the second photo is from today.
Lincoln hiked very well today. We went well over a mile, and he didn't complain at all about the length or the pace.
Gretel finally got some good exercise, and she's been very low-key today since we got back.
Funny story from this afternoon when I was working in the yard. I had just finished filling the bird feeders, and then I finished the weed whacking. When I was done and walkinga across the patio, I saw Lincoln dumping bird seed on the pavers. I said, "Lincoln, what are you doing?!!" Without missing a beat, he said, "I'm putting out bird dessert." Well, that was simple enough...

Finally, the kid's got some good mechanics...

No comments: