Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flying Leap

Lincoln's prayer, 3/16/11
Dear God,
Thank you for this day, forgive us for our sins. Thank you for my warm, comfy bed. Thank you for my toys in the basement, for my blankets, and for my buddies. Thank you for Grandma, Lydia, Mommy and Daddy. In Jesus name, A.....men.

Lincoln has been much less hostile to Gretel since we got back from Tennessee. Not sure what the change was, but we're happy about it.

Over the last week, he's been coming up with some crazy lines and thoughts. He's using words that I'm not sure we taught him, but he's using them properly and with good grammar. Some of the synapses that his thoughts reveal make us laugh. For instance, "When I grow taller, I won't be a kid anymore, I'll be an adult." Grandma Paulette wrote down a number of funny things that he said on Monday and Tuesday, so I'll have to get them from her.
Lydia's been feeling a bit under the weather: some diarrhea and not sleeping past 40 minutes this afternoon. Not sure what that's all about. She's also been taking a while to go to sleep at night, complete with irrational freaking out. It seems we're in a phase.

Jenn's leading the devo tonight at Ladies Night. This is a first for her. Also, Men's Retreat is approaching, and I just heard from one of the newer guys to our ABF that he's coming. Last year we had 8, and this year there are 9 committed, with a couple on the fence. It ought to be a good time. I'm heading up the Friday evening discussion-time and I feel over-prepared at this point, but I guess that's better than feeling under-prepared. I guess I feel over-prepared because I've got pages of notes for my lesson, but I know that the best part of the evening will come from our group discussion time, so I don't want to limit that with my talking. It's all up to God, though, and I'm counting on Him to make it a great weekend.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness. I love that picture!!
And way to go Jenn, I hope it goes well leading the devo!