Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Zacchaeus!

Things are just busy. Nothing terribly urgent, but Jenn and I just have lots of little things going on. I feel bad that I haven't been current with photos lately, but finding the time to upload photos when Lincoln and Lydia are doing their things when they're awake, and Jenn and I are keeping up with things when they're asleep is pretty tough.

Work has picked up again following a slow period. Our experience fits with the stories our clients have told us about their own businesses (mechanics, florists, insurance, etc.): uncertainty is ruling the day. Nobody knows what's going to happen in the coming months where taxes are concerned, where hiring is concerned, and where business expansion is concerned. We have areas where we'd like to expand, but if our capital to expand is taken by the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts, that's not good for anyone. So all in all, we're thankful that business has been somewhat steady right now.

As for the national news since I last posted, Jenn and I were glad to see the increased number of capitalists in the House, the Senate, the Governors' mansions, and the state legislatures. (Did you see that there was a net gain of 680 state legislative seats? Wow.) I say all of this at the risk of insinuating to one or two of our readers (you know who you are... wink, wink) that our faith is in the Republican Party. It is not. As long as we have the opportunity to have a small say in whether or not we live under a government that will mind its own business or stick its nose in ours, we'll opt for the former.

Moving on, Jenn and I have been very humbled and thankful for the amount of friends from our ABF that have committed to bring us meals over the past week and next several weeks. Especially for Jenn, it's such a huge help to not have to prepare dinner. One family brought us an authentic Korean meal on Monday (they're from South Korea!) and it was fantastic! And last night our ABF leaders brought us a great Italian meal with a Cherry Pie. Guess who said after dessert, "I need more of that!"

One of the neat phases Lincoln is in right now is that he's enjoying when we sign songs before bed time. There are about 5 songs in the rotation. The one that he knows forward and backward and sings along with me is "Zacchaeus Was A Wee Little Man." He does a great job!

He's also enjoying the International Children's Story Bible. This is the Bible that includes my illustration of the Nativity Scene that I drew when I was 11 or so. He's so into reading these stories that last night when he was being disobedient, I said, "Because you are disobeying Daddy, we are only going to read one story tonight."

He replied, "Two stories."

I said sternly, "One story."

Then he leaned his head a bit and said, "One story and three Bible stories."

Thankfully Jenn and I had decided a while ago that reading from the Story Bible was considered one story no matter how many individual stories we read from it. I can't deny him Bible stories, can I?

1 comment:

Emily said...

FINALLY! ;)
It is good to get an update. =) Those pictures are precious, and I laughed out loud at what Lincoln said about reading the stories.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving.
love you guys,
Emily