Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthday, pt. 3












Lincoln's Birthday has come and gone, and it was a very fun weekend. Jenn's menu was absolutely fantastic, the cake looked wonderful, everybody seemed to really enjoy themselves, family and friends were incredibly generous, and Lincoln had lots of fun playing with his new toys, looking at his Birthday cards & reading his new books. His mom and I are going to like the new clothes that he received, as well.

One of many hi-lites was Lincoln using his walk-behind toy for the first time. He was laughing out loud with every step, and he had all of us laughing with him. Another particularly fun moment was after he ate some of his Smash Cake, he looked at everyone looking at him, then he let out a loud sigh as if to say, "I'm full, and boy was that good!"

Jenn and I want to publicly thank our parents, our grandparents, and extended family that were a part of Lincoln's Birthday.

What I described as a busy stretch for us a while back is passing quickly. Next up on the radar is my trip out to Denver for Aaron & Randi's wedding. Jenn and I were just commenting today that it's hard to believe that we'll be on vacation in the Outer Banks in less than 1 month! Holy cow. That has always seemed a long way off. But then again, so did having a one-year-old.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Emily said...

Looks like fun! I wish we could have been there, but the Hopwood's look forward to celebrating at the Outer Banks!
Happy Birthday to my favorite nephew!
Love, Auntie Em