Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let the travelling begin!

It hit me for the first time yesterday just how busy October is going to be.  First of all, I knew we were going to Phoenix, but until the past couple of weeks I wasn't realizing that it was coming so soon!  And then yesterday I was reminded that Jenn and I will be out of town this weekend at Elise's wedding.  It was one of those things that I hadn't forgotten, but it just wasn't clicking that it was right around the corner.  So things are going to be fast and furious in the coming days, and the Gates family is looking forward to it.

We're off to Charleston on Saturday for the wedding (the weather is looking good at this point!) and fun times with Elise, Paul & the Crafts.  Then after the wedding, we hop on a plane to Phoenix!  Good times and pictures will follow.

If you didn't see the Buckeyes game this week, let me summarize it for you:  On the opening drive the coaches allowed Pryor and Wells to work their magic, and they marched down the field.  Then, until late in the fourth quarter, the coaches handcuffed Pryor and the Badgers took the lead.  Dad and I commented that it looked like Pryor was playing with one arm tied behind his back.  Then on the last drive of the game, Pryor was allowed to be creative and the Buckeyes took the lead.  Then in true Tressel fashion, it was left to the defense to hold the game, and thank the Lord, they did.  Go Bucks.  And then after the game, Tressel said (as always), "It was a good football game between two good football teams.  (Insert opponent's name here) fought hard.  This is Big Ten football.  I'm proud of my guys today.  We still have areas where we need to improve, but I thought our guys did some good things today."  RG to Tressel: loosen the reins and let Pryor go!

lincoln_5_mos_ii

IMG_7632
Lincoln is figuring out the spoon... slowly but surely.

lincoln_5_mos

No comments: